Irritable bowel syndrome: It is a motility disorder also called as spastic colon. Symptoms like bloating, abdominal pain, passage of mucus with stools, indigestion, nausea and flatulence may occur. These symptoms frequently occur shortly after a person eats and reverse temporarily following a bowel movement.
- Avoid eating too fast and also too much eating should be avoided.
- To improve digestion foods to be chewed thoroughly.
- Liberal amount of fiber and fluid intake is beneficial.
- Fat should be restricted in diet.
- Depending up on the patient soluble and insoluble fibers to be adjusted.