06 January 2012

Top 5 Tech Jobs of 2012


The New Year has turned out to be a good year for most of the job seekers, especially who are willing to work in technical fields. Robert Half Technology had conducted a salary research and found that the demand is expected to grow high in 2012, in the fields of mobile application developers, user experience designers and data warehouse analysts. This growth is because many companies are looking to invest in their information technology infrastructure and digital presence, reports the ITBusinessEdge.


John Reed, Executive Director of Robert Half Technology told that a common feature of high-demand jobs is a large degree of specialization and that professionals with the best prospects have finely increasing the amount of information available to them. Here are the top 5 tech jobs which are in demand in 2012:


Java Developers:


According to the survey conducted on around 1,200 technology hiring managers are of the opinion that hiring the Java developers is their top priority. The demand for the tech professionals with the knowledge of Java has grown up from the past two years, as measured by job postings on Dice.com. Alice Hill, the spokesperson of Dice advised that if any company is waiting to hire a talented Java developer for a longer time, its better not to waste the time as seasoned Java developer clearly has options, reports Jennie L Phipps from MLive.com.




Software Developers:


Software developers are in the second spot in the list of potential employees in demand. This is one of the lucrative careers in the world. At present, in this profession there are around 909,600 employees working all around the world, which is almost double that of any of the other computer careers in the world. Around 57 percent of software engineers around the world design computer applications and the remaining 43 percent design system software. Software engineers have the knowledge of advanced math skills which help them to write complex algorithms that is required for developing software, reports TopTenREVIEWS.


Mobile application Developers:


As mobile phones have become universal, the demand for qualified and experienced mobile application developers has raised to a large extent around the world. At present, the mobile manufacturing companies are working harder to reach their consumers on Smartphone, tablets and other mobile devices. To successfully serve the consumer requirements, these companies are in need of more number of mobile apps developers, who have the ability to develop apps for the small screen.







Project Managers:


According to a salary survey conducted by the Project Management Institute, it was revealed that project management is one of the hottest jobs for 2012. The survey also mentioned that the salaries of project managers around the world continue to climb, which indicates that the project managers are in strong demand and many companies are recognizing the value of trained project managers to their overall business goals, reports Alison Doyle, Guide in About.com.









Web Developers:


The demand for web developers continues to rise in this New Year. HTML5 has tipped to be the big area in 2012 as the tech biggies like Facebook, Google, Apple and Microsoft are all looking to expand their business this year. The demand has increased for the web developers In India too. More than ten IT Parks are getting build in Gujarat which will help the Web development service increase in that state. By the next five years, the web development service in Gujarat will be in great demand. Even many large companies across India are looking for a great web development and web designing team for long term basis. The demand for web designers in India is also aiming to create a platform for them in the International Market.